Saturday 18 February 2012

Half-term by Theo

Oh how I was looking forward to half-term. I mean this is what it's all about being a teacher - the fact that you work like mad most weeks is made up for by the fact that you get 13 weeks holiday (or thereabouts) a year. It's one of the perks.

Actually, scrap that, it's the only perk!

Anyway, I had plans for this half-term. Aside from getting to spend time with Rosie and Kate, I was going to go out, see some gigs, meet friends. It was going to be great.

Then I saw the size of my marking pile.
Then I remembered I had an EPS assignment presentation to give the wednesday after we got back.
Then suddenly it was Saturday and, having not left the house for 48 hours in bid to get it all done, I realised I had to teach next week too, so had better start planning some lessons.

This trainee teacher's half-term report thus reads: Issues with time management continue to hamper his efforts to have a life. Must do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment